Dinner-In-A-Flash Recipe

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I tried the BEST recipe last night from AllRecipes.com for Chicken Puffs. Here are the basics, but click the link for a detailed version.

Saute chicken "bites", chopped onions, and garlic in a pan. Once cooked, let it cool completely. I actually shoved mine in the freezer for a quick 10 minutes to cool it down.

Meanwhile, stir 4 tablespoons room temp. butter, 4 tablespoons room temp. cream cheese, basil and shredded cheese to taste (these last 2 were my additions).

I mean come on, everyone tweaks a recipe just a bit...right??

Unroll crescent rolls and piece together two triangles to form a rectangle (makes 4 total rectangles in one can). Mix together chicken and cream cheese mixture and plop (yes, that is a very specific term) it down in the middle of the crescent rectangles. Then, gather up the sides of the crescents to form a purse (isn't that fun?).

It doesn't have to be pretty to be delicious ladies!




Then bake for 12 minutes and ENJOY! My husband LOVED these and he is a tough judge.



Yes, we are fancy with our paper plates.

The best part, is that if you want to make the mixture ahead of time you can and then when your ready to make dinner, all you have to do is the plopping and baking!

I know, this was incredibly informational, specific, and intelligent. Please, don't judge, just go try them yourselves!

10 comments:

Jocelyn,  February 24, 2010  

They sound tasty:-)

jules,  February 24, 2010  

I just made something just like that except they went into a pan and I poured cream of chicken soup with milk on top. Delicious!

Jen,  February 25, 2010  

This looks really good and very easy! I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Lori,  February 25, 2010  

WOW! That looks yummy!

LeAnna,  February 26, 2010  

Those look REALLY good!

Julia,  February 26, 2010  

Looks yummy! I have been trying to comment on your blog all week and haven't been able to for some reason. Grrr. You look so pretty in all your pics!

Lemonade Makin' Mama,  February 26, 2010  

girl, these look amazing!!! I love tweaking recipes. :)

Oh, and I purchase my own domain, so my new posts wont update on your sidebar unless you put the new URL in... new button too. so sorry, I'm such a pain! LOL It just happened and I didn't realize they wouldn't change on peoples sidebars... yikes!

Design A-Peele,  February 26, 2010  

YUM!!!! Can I come over for dinner?

Stephanie,  March 02, 2010  

Oohhh! These look so good. I'll have to try this!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails