China Cabinet Re-do

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I feel like I have somewhat fallen off the blogging lately, but we are getting ready to take a week-long trip so I am hustling around like a mad woman! It is a good thing, rest and relaxation will be much appreciated!


I am going to be spending the weekend with my best girl friends in Sarasota on Siesta Key. Then, I will continue my beach trip with the hubby and my family on Ana Maria Island (right down the road). I am thrilled to be able to get away for a little bit. Things are quite hectic with school about to start back and closing on our house in a few weeks. By the way, if you think of it, please pray that our home inspection comes back pretty clean tomorrow. It is at 9AM and I am nervous!! It is a 1960s ranch, so I am sure there will be SOME problems, hopefully just nothing huge.

Anywhoo...this isn't a huge redo, but I bought this china cabinet at an antique store for $150 last summer. I love it--it has glass doors that bow out and lots of storage :) A girls best friend...and, since we won't have a formal dining room (and didn't in our apartment) it works great as a display cabinet, liquor cabinet, and store-all for linens and napkins, etc.

Here is the before...notice the brass handles, yuck-o in my opinion...you may like them though.


A closer look...




And here is the close-up transformation..I like it much better and boy was it frustrating!! Because modern pulls and handles are a little wider than the antique type, I had to re-drill new holes on one side, which was not fun, nor as easy as it sounds. Lowes certainly knew my name in the hardware department by the time I was finished!




I love it!! What do you think?
.

9 comments:

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. July 16, 2009  

Great job!

Stopping by from Kimba's...

Sara July 16, 2009  

Great find and nice work!

Kammy July 16, 2009  

Looks great - super up-date !
Hugs Kammy

Decor mamma July 16, 2009  

Wow, only $150 bucks? That's awesome, and the piece looks great with the new pulls! When you get the chance, check out my new blog! I do lot's of DIY projects too!

Decor To Adore July 16, 2009  

I love the lines of the hutch!

Julia July 16, 2009  

That is a gorgeous piece. Love it. I have a little mid century hutch that cost the same and is so much smaller! Do you go for a more traditional style? Oh, so many questions. Anyhow, school will be starting soon... are you doing a lot of prep work for it?

Nicole A. July 16, 2009  

What a beautiful cabinet! Amazing and love the new knobs! It looks great!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) July 16, 2009  

Lovely piece...what a super deal! Looks great! Have a fun vacation! Susan

Melissa July 18, 2009  

Wow! That was a great deal!!! Beautiful piece! Good job!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails