Antique Store Find!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I am going to share my thrifty find for Rhoda's "Todays Thrifty Treasures." Check out her blog if you can--lots of fun finds there! http://southernhospitality-rhoda.blogspot.com/2009/07/more-estate-sales.html

So I was in Orlando celebrating the 4th with my family this past weekend. My mom and I love to shop for antiques, so that was obviously part of our weekend "to do's". We walked into one of our favorite shops and low and behold there it was...the find of all finds!! I bought it for $15 and it is real antique pottery, made in France (as the stamp on the bottom notes).

Now, not all of you will like this find, or think it is all that great, but you have to first understand that my husband and I's bedroom is aqua toile...pictured below. That was actually a pic from our first place (we are moving as you can tell). That is why the walls are white (yuck) and there isn't much up on the walls (we had just moved in at time of picture). So, this antique will match and be OH so CUTE! I am just wondering what I will put in it...any ideas?? Thinking it could go on the dresser and hold __________? Enjoy!




Oooo...it is so pretty--I just can't take my eyes off of it! Those handles that are stems EEEK!!! Needless to say, we saw this and I practically jumped up and down squealing for joy!

14 comments:

Julia,  July 09, 2009  

I'm so glad you found something you love to go with your TO DIE FOR toile bedroom. It really is so pretty. I just love it.

What will you use that little bowl for?

I hope to get some pics posted soon!

Julia,  July 09, 2009  

Actually, checking your blog again reminds me of how much I miss Florida. I'm originally from Ft. Lauderdale, but I went to UCF for two years. It makes me miss Orlando. Boo.

Julia,  July 10, 2009  

jreevesnovoa@gmail.com

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality,  July 12, 2009  

Julianne, thanks for the email & what a beautiful piece of pottery! I can see why you fell in love with it. If you'd like to join my party today, I do a Thrifty Treasures party every Monday, you can edit this post and add a link to my party and then add your link to Mr. Linky when it goes up this afternoon. That way, lots of girls can see your pretty find!

★Carol★,  July 12, 2009  

Gorgeous bowl, and it goes perfectly with your aqua bedroom. Great find!

Deana,  July 12, 2009  

How adorable is that bowl with the cherries on it?! I love it!!

The Queen of Fifty Cents,  July 12, 2009  

Wow, fabbo bowl. I want one too!

Kammy,  July 12, 2009  

Very nice - I love teals...Your bedroom is very pretty !
Hugs ~Kammy

Quiltpiecer,  July 13, 2009  

That is a really cute piece of pottery! It's so pretty just the way it is and would look great on a dresser ... thanks for sharing

Anonymous,  July 13, 2009  

What a unique fun piece! I love things like that. Out of the ordinary with lots of personality!

Nicole A.,  July 13, 2009  

Love it and I LOVE the aqua toile! I just found an aqua toile comforter on Jcpennys site that I want sooo bad! Love it!

Tarva,  July 13, 2009  

Very pretty piece.

Sandra,  July 13, 2009  

Wow, very pretty!
Blessings,
Sandra

Sandy,  July 14, 2009  

That's a lovely find for your bedroom
Sandy

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails