Timing

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I feel like timing has really been OFF my side lately! I got back to school full time tomorrow and this little man



ate something he shouldn't have and has been very sick for the last few days. Last night he had a saline injection, x-rays, and he is on medication every 8 hours. Needless to say, I am glad that we are not having surgery. But, really!? NOW!? I am really struggling with this dog. I love him with every beat of my heart but he has been one problem after another. Please pray for me this week--pray for healing for the little man and a calming over my heart and mind.

10 comments:

Lori,  August 17, 2010  

I hope he feels better soon, and no more problems!

bride4life,  August 17, 2010  

My dog had surgery once because he ate something. Is your dog crated when you are away?

Unknown,  August 17, 2010  

oh... poor puppy! Hope he feels better soon! Email me, and I'll email you back about the camera/lens question...
dumptrucksandbabies(@)gmail(dot)com

LeAnna,  August 17, 2010  

Oh, it is SO hard to have a high maintenance dog! Little ones tend to be like that, too. :/ Next time you're worried he might have eaten something, soak a slice of bread in oil (olive, corn, canola, whatever you have) and give it to him to eat. It will help any unwanted objects pass. :) You might look into some doggy daycare type stuff a few days a week if he gets really out of hand.

Anonymous,  August 17, 2010  

I hope that your dog is ok and that your first day back to school goes well!

Jen,  August 17, 2010  

Oh my, what a week! I totally feel for you. My pup has separation issues and has had a few moments of being destructive. I love her to death, and almost lost her about a year ago, which can help you to cherish the days you do have them, no matter what they do -- not that I am saying it is ok for them to get away with things =). It was very trying, but give it some time, and have a little faith, and things will get better. They did for me.

Also, did you find out what he ate? My pup has had a couple of weird stomach viruses. Totally annoying, but I was very thankful that she didn't need expensive surgery.

Seizing My Day,  August 18, 2010  

We have been there a couple times with both our puppies! He will grow and mellow out... but it will take time and patience! You can do it! =) Merlin turned 1 year in June and is finally mellowing out... though he does steal TP still! We "baby proofed" the areas he is allowed to roam and it helps to wear him out... A tired puppy is a good puppy!! =) long walks, runs or puppy play dates tire him out! Do you plan to crate him when you are at work? I find the longer Merlin is in the crate the crazier he is when he is out... unless we wear him out with a long walk or run after! email anytime you need to! =) I wish I lived close enough to offer puppy play dates!

Rachel and John,  August 18, 2010  

Oh no! What did he eat?
I hope he gets better soon!

Heather,  August 18, 2010  

Oh man, praying for you and that your dog doesn't get sick anymore and there are no more problems! Hope the rest of your week is much better!

Katie,  August 18, 2010  

Awwww poor little guy! I hope he feels better and you get some much needed rest before returning to school!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails