Weekly Checklist

Tuesday, October 6, 2009



I work and so does my husband. We just bought a home and have been quickly overwhelmed by all the projects (daily, weekly, monthly...etc) that come along with it!



I was reading over at: Waiting on A Full House yesterday because Lyndsie had posted about a cleaning schedule on Monday.


Let me tell you...this was an epiphany!! I have had such a hard time "keeping house" lately. It seems all of a sudden I have this mountain of laundry and dirty bathrooms and floors that need to be vacuumed. Well, being the crazy person I am, if I notice it...IT HAS TO BE DONE RIGHT AWAY! Yes, I am that crazy. I know it, I deal with it...at least you are not my husband :)



So, I quickly formed my own chart for Monday-Sunday. I tailored it to our needs and spread out all the jobs so that when I see that the bathroom is dirty, I can think "I don't need to do that now, I will do it Thursday" (when I have planned to). This works great and really takes the stress out of all the jobs that come with owning a home.



I also planned in days that I will run errands (days where I have lots of free periods at school and can go during that time) and days to relax (Saturday and Sunday). I don't want to clean on the weekend, so I won't!



Here is the BEST part of the chart: My husband knows what needs to be done every day. He doesn't have to ask, I don't have to ask. If something isn't checked off it is visual reminder that there are things left to do! I LOVE IT.



Just thought I would share--thanks Lyndsie for sharing!

3 comments:

Surrounded-By-Boys October 06, 2009  

hmmm....I'm just like you girl! I love to clean and always think it has to be done "right now!" I might have to give that list a try!

Mrs. Dunbar October 07, 2009  

Hi there, I found your blog through Lemonade Makin Mama. Love the cleaning schedule, I remember when I was working full-time (as a teacher) cleaning always overwhelmed me on Sundays. I love the idea of schedule, it works so well. You have a lovely home, new home projects can be so overwhelming. Six years into our home and projects are yet to be done.

Dandy October 07, 2009  

I should really do this. I'm kind of a nut and I have most things on Excel spreadsheets. I'm in the midst of wedding planning and I feel like things are just piling up everywhere!

I had to schedule a wedding free day just to relax :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails