Settling In

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Well, we are officially Tampa residents!  Hey, we may not be in our own home just yet, but we are on our way!  All of our things are here and we are living as comfortably as possible.  Lola is settling in as well.  She is a little awry with the new animals (she has never had sisters before), but overall I think she is adjusting nicely.  


We have started to look at homes in the area just to get a feel for what we can afford where.  We have decided that we definitely want to live in South Tampa, even if that means we get a smaller home than we had expected.  The neighborhoods in that area are beautiful and remind me so much of where I grew up (Winter Park, FL).  Lots of big oak trees, neat lawns, and homes at every price range.  I think it will mean buying a starter home and possibly adding on or just selling when it becomes to small.  The home we can afford now in that area certainly won't be the type of home we want to be in forever unless extra square footage can be attained in some way.  

I already have a few "events" planned for my week.  Monday I am going to St. Mary's to meet with their HR department and my new lower school head.  Wednesday I am going to go to Dinners Done and get some meals for Danny and I so that we are not always hoping that his parents will take care of dinner...plus the meals are incredible!! www.dinnerdone.com.  The best part is that you pay $150 for 8 full size meals, but you can go and split those 8 meals into 16 meals for 2 and it makes it much more affordable.  These are all meals that can be frozen and thawed to eat whenever!  I also need to get my grandmother's scrap book page together this week for her 80th birthday party.  It will be a busy week, and I do promise to start capturing photos of my "events" to make my blog a little more interesting :).  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails